2019 Bike-A-Thon – 20 Mile Route
Registration: $25 Per Person Campaign Minimum: $75
You must be 12 years old by May 18th to ride this route. 12 to 17-year-olds need a parent or guardian to accompany them. This route will be all road riding so we’re taking extra precautions. Please read all requirements before you register.
Requirements & Suggestions
- Be able to go 12 MPH
- Proper bicycle helmet that fits you
- Road Bike (good idea to get it fitted and tuned up)
- Good tires, brake system and frame
- Lights on front and back (reflectors also a great idea)
- Extra Tube with you and if you can change it, a tool
- Weather appropriate jacket, clothing, and shoes
- Rain Gear (highly suggested)
- Wear Running For Justice bright shirt as last layer for safety
- We will have one break with water and snacks; you are free to stop on your own anytime
- Another person to team up with (not required but way safer)
- Small backpack or something to carry water and a snack
- Waiver will be sent via e-mail or at event, to be signed and returned; no riding without us having this
We’ll give you water before starting and have it at our 1 break stop. We will have a few person road team that provides security, safety and snacks.
When we get back to Big Lake Township Lion’s Park, we plan to have space for bicyclists to wind down and get massages and snacks.
From 5:00-7:00 P.M. we will have our “End of the Road Celebration.” Invite family, friends and those who donated to your Bike-A-Thon Campaign for free supper. We’ll also have two speakers, Big Lake Chief of Police Joel Scharf and Investigator Berg. They will be speaking on sex trafficking and/or related issues. They know children are present.
Making a Campaign
Co Rd 5 north to Co Rd 9; ride up to restrooms; snacks there; turn around and go south on Co Rd 5 back to Big Lake Township Park. Please arrive at 1:30 P.M. to get ready, meet other riders, and be part of our group photo.
Start Time-2:30 P.M. Finish Time-3:45-4:30 P.M. (goal)