2019 Bike-A-Thon – Century Route (100 Miles)
Registration: $50 Per Person Campaign Minimum: $200
You must be 16 years old by May 18th to ride this route. 16 and 17-year-olds need a parent or guardian to accompany them. This route will be all road riding so we’re taking extra precautions. Please read all requirements before you register.
Requirements & Suggestions
- Be able to go 13 MPH
- Proper bicycle helmet that fits you
- Road Bike (good idea to get it fitted and tuned up)
- Good tires, brake system and frame
- Lights on front and back (reflectors also a great idea)
- Extra Tube with you and if you can change it, a tool
- Weather appropriate jacket, clothing, and shoes.
- Rain Gear (highly suggested)
- Wear Running For Justice bright shirt over outerwear for safety
- Check-in at every break and lunch stop
- Another person to team up with (not required but way safer)
- Waiver will be sent via e-mail or at event, to be signed and returned; no riding without us having this
- Small backpack or something to carry water and a snack (suggested)
We’ll give you water before starting and along the way. We have snacks, beverages, and bathrooms at least every 25 miles. We’ll take a lunch break together about halfway along the route.
We will have a snack team and a road team that fixes bikes and provides security, safety, and portable bathrooms where needed.
When we get back to Big Lake Township Lion’s Park, we plan to have space for bicyclists to wind down and get massages and snacks.
From 5:00-7:00 P.M. we will have our “End of the Road Celebration.” Invite family, friends and those who donated to your Bike-A-Thon Campaign for free supper. We’ll also have two speakers, Big Lake Chief of Police Joel Scharf and Investigator Berg. They will be speaking on sex trafficking and/or related issues. They know children are present.
Making a Campaign
We’re a non-profit and donations you make or are given, by others, to your campaign, are deductible; not registration. We prefer donations to be given online but if you get a check or cash and they want a deduction that’s your responsibility to write that information down and e-mail to us. firstname.lastname@example.org
We will start and end at Big Lake Township Lion’s Park. Please arrive at 6:30 A.M. to get ready, meet other riders, and be part of our group photo.
Start Time-7:30 A.M. Finish Time-3:00-4:30 P.M. (goal)