2019 Bike-A-Thon – Century Route (100 Miles)
Registration: $50 Per Person
Click REGISTER button to pay required registration BEFORE making a campaign. In the memo box, please write which route, your age, shirt size, and bike type.
Making a Campaign
We will start and end at Big Lake Township Lion’s Park. Please arrive at 6:30 A.M. to get ready, meet other riders, and be part of our group photo.
Start Time-7:30 A.M. Finish Time-3:00-4:30 P.M. (goal)
- Age-12 yrs and up; 12-17 needs a parent or guardian with you (safety; we are on public roads)
- Be able to go 12 MPH
- Proper bicycle helmet that fits you
- Road Bike (good idea to get it fitted and tuned up)
- Good tires, brake system and frame
- Lights on front and back (reflectors also a great idea)
- Extra Tube with you and if you can change it, a tool
- Weather appropriate jacket, clothing, and shoes (wear bright t-shirt on outside of jacket)
- Rain Gear
- Wear RFJ bright shirt over outerwear for safety
- Check-in at every break and lunch stop
- Another person to team up with (not required but way safer)
- Waiver will be sent via e-mail to be signed and returned; no riding without us having this
- Small backpack or bag to carry water and snack
We’ll give you water before starting and along the way. We have snacks, beverages, and bathrooms at least every 25 miles. We’ll take a lunch break together about halfway along the route.
We will have a snack team and a road team that fixes bikes and provides security, safety, and portable bathrooms where needed.
When we get back to Big Lake Township Lion’s Park, we plan to have space for bicyclists to wind down and get massages and snacks.
From 5:00-7:00 P.M. we will have our “End of the Road Celebration.” Invite family, friends and those who donated to your Bike-A-Thon Campaign for free supper. We’ll also have two speakers, Big Lake Chief of Police Joel Scharf and Investigator Berg. They will be speaking on sex trafficking and/or related issues. They know children are present.