2019 Bike-A-Thon – Family Route
Registration: $5 Per Person, Max Registration Cost Per Family $20. T-shirts (optional): $10 each.
Campaign minimum: $25 per family
Registration and shirts are not tax deductible.
- Bike helmet that fits well
- Children be able to ride a bicycle some. Bike trailers are welcome
- At least 1 parent must be with all your children; you are responsible for them
- Check tires, steering, and brakes on bike before the event
- Wear appropriate jacket, clothing, and shoes
- We suggest a small backpack to bring a bottle of water unless dad or mom has it
- Waivers will be sent via e-mail or the day of. Need to have one for each family with names of all bicyclists and children with you. Nobody will take part in this part of the event without a signed waiver by parent or guardian.
- We will have 2 choices of routes; one is 7.44 miles around the lake, which isn’t for small children; there are several driveways to go over and some roads to cross. The other choice is safer, a shorter distance and is more for smaller children. You would go south on bike path from Lions Park and cross Co Rd 5 at designated place and go north on bike path and again cross Co Rd 5. We’ll have people to help cross Co Rd 5.
From 5:00-7:00 P.M. we will have our “End of the Road Celebration.” Invite family, friends and those who donated to your Bike-A-Thon Campaign for free supper. We’ll also have two speakers, Big Lake Chief of Police Joel Scharf and Investigator Berg. They will be speaking on sex trafficking and/or related issues. They know children are present.
Making a Campaign
Donations are tax deductible but not registration or shirt. (shirts are $10 each) We prefer using online giving as it’s safe, nobody is handling the funds, and it goes into the Running for Justice banking account.
Five mile route starting from Lion’s Park and going around the lake and back to Lion’s Park. Please arrive at 2:30 P.M. If you want to come earlier and play outside on the playground, that’s great but gather at 2:45 with group; get group picture, pic of each bicyclist and bicycle or wagon, etc. (security reasons)
Start Time-3:15 P.M. or as soon as you check-in, get group pic, get you & bike pic taken. Finish Time-4:15-4:45 P.M. (goal)