2019 Bike-A-Thon – Family Route
Registration: $5 Per Child, Max Registration Cost $20.
One adult has to be with and register but no cost. Click REGISTER button to pay required registration BEFORE making a campaign. In the memo box, please write the child’s name, age, and if you want a shirt for them ($10 more per shirt). Put the youth or adult size by their name. None of the registration or buying shirts is tax deductible.
Making a Campaign
Donations are tax deductible. We prefer using online giving as it’s safe, nobody is handling the funds, and it goes into the Running for Justice banking account.
Five mile route starting from Lion’s Park and going around the lake and back to Lion’s Park. Please arrive at 2:30 P.M. If you want to come earlier and play outside on the playground, that’s great but gather at 2:45 with group; get group picture, pic of each bicyclist and bicycle or wagon, etc. (security reasons)
Start Time-3:15 P.M. or as soon as you check-in, get group pic, get you & bike pic taken. Finish Time-4:15-4:45 P.M. (goal)
- Bike helmet that fits well
- Be able to ride a bicycle some. Wagons and bike trailers are welcome
- Check tires, steering, and brakes on bike before the event
- Wear appropriate jacket, clothing, and shoes
- We suggest a small backpack to bring a bottle of water unless dad or mom has it
- Waivers will be sent via e-mail. Need to have one for each family with names of all bicyclists or children in strollers, etc. Nobody will take part in this part of the event without a signed waiver by parent or guardian.
From 5:00-7:00 P.M. we will have our “End of the Road Celebration.” Invite family, friends and those who donated to your Bike-A-Thon Campaign for free supper. We’ll also have two speakers, Big Lake Chief of Police Joel Scharf and Investigator Berg. They will be speaking on sex trafficking and/or related issues. They know children are present.