2020 Bike-A-Thon – 20 Mile Route
Registration: $25 Per Person Campaign Minimum: $75
You must be 12 years old by June 6th to ride this route. 12 to 17-year-olds need a parent or guardian to accompany them. This route will be all road riding so we’re taking extra precautions. Please read all requirements before you register.
Requirements & Suggestions
- Be able to go 12 MPH
- Proper bicycle helmet that fits you
- Road Bike (good idea to get it fitted and tuned up)
- Good tires, brake system and frame
- Lights on front and back (reflectors also a great idea)
- Extra Tube with you and if you can change it, a tool
- Weather appropriate jacket, gloves, bike riding appropriate clothing, and shoes (suggested)
- Rain Gear (highly suggested)
- Wear Running For Justice bright shirt as last layer for safety
- We will have one break with water and snacks; you are free to stop on your own anytime
- Another person to team up with (not required but way safer)
- Small backpack or something to carry water and a snack
- Waiver will be sent via e-mail or at event, to be signed and returned; no riding without us having this
We’ll give you water before starting and have water & snacks at our 1 break stop. We will have a few person road team that provides security & safety to you!
When we get back to Big Lake Township Lion’s Park, we plan to have space for bicyclists to wind down and get snacks.
From 5:00-7:00 P.M. we will have our “End of the Road Celebration.” Invite family, friends and those who donated to your Bike-A-Thon Campaign for complimentary light supper & speakers.
Making a Campaign
Co Rd 5 north to Co Rd 9; ride up to restrooms; snacks there; turn around and go south on Co Rd 5 back to Big Lake Township Park. Please arrive at 12:15 P.M. to get ready, meet other riders, and be part of our group photo.
Start Time-1:00 P.M. Finish Time-3:45-4:30 P.M. (goal)