2021 Bike-A-Thon – 50 Mile Route
Registration: $35 Per Person Campaign Minimum: $100
Rides must be 16 and older by June 12th to ride; 14 & 15 yr olds need parent, guardian or someone 18 & older. This route will be all road riding so we’re taking extra precautions. Please read all requirements before you register.
Requirements & Suggestions
- Be able to go 12 MPH
- Be 16 and older by June 12th to ride; 14 & 15 yr olds need parent, guardian or someone 18 & older
- Proper bicycle helmet that fits you
- Road Bike (good idea to get it fitted and tuned up)
- Good tires, brake system and frame
- Lights on front and back (reflectors also a great idea)
- Extra Tube with you and if you can change it, a tool
- Weather appropriate jacket, gloves, bike riding clothing, and shoes.(suggested)
- Rain Gear (highly suggested)
- Wear Running For Justice bright shirt over outerwear for safety
- Check-in at every break and lunch stop
- Another person to team up with (not required but way safer)
- Waiver will be sent via e-mail or at event, to be signed and returned; no riding without us having this
- Small backpack or something to carry water and a snack (suggested)
We’ll give you water before starting and along the way. We have snacks, beverages, and bathrooms at least every 25 miles.
We will have a snack team and a road team that fixes bikes and provides security, safety, and portable bathrooms where needed.
When we get back to Big Lake Township Lion’s Park, we plan to have space for bicyclists to wind down and have a light supper!
In lieu of our usual supper and speaker/s, End of the Road Celebration, we are having a social media share-a-thon to raise education & awareness and raise funds for an organization/s. Funds made from sponsorship & bicyclists will go to 4 organization that are advocates, including Running For Justice. They will be part of the Share-a-Thon telling what their organization does.
Making a Campaign
We’re a non-profit and donations you make or are given to your campaign, are deductible; not registration. We prefer donations to be given online but if you get a check or cash and they want a deduction that’s your responsibility to write that information down and e-mail to us. firstname.lastname@example.org
We will start and end at Big Lake Township Lion’s Park. Please arrive at 12:15 P.M. to get ready, meet other riders, and be part of our group photo.
The 50 mile route will be joining the 100 mile at the Sunflower Ranch, (16604 CR 11, Big Lake, MN 55309) our halfway point