2020 Bike-A-Thon – 50 Mile Route
Registration: $35 Per Person Campaign Minimum: $100
You must be 16 years old by June 6th to ride this route. 16 and 17-year-olds need a parent or guardian to accompany them. This route will be all road riding so we’re taking extra precautions. Please read all requirements before you register.
Requirements & Suggestions
- Be able to go 13 MPH
- Proper bicycle helmet that fits you
- Road Bike (good idea to get it fitted and tuned up)
- Good tires, brake system and frame
- Lights on front and back (reflectors also a great idea)
- Extra Tube with you and if you can change it, a tool
- Weather appropriate jacket, gloves, bike riding clothing, and shoes.(suggested)
- Rain Gear (highly suggested)
- Wear Running For Justice bright shirt over outerwear for safety
- Check-in at every break and lunch stop
- Another person to team up with (not required but way safer)
- Waiver will be sent via e-mail or at event, to be signed and returned; no riding without us having this
- Small backpack or something to carry water and a snack (suggested)
We’ll give you water before starting and along the way. We have snacks, beverages, and bathrooms at least every 25 miles.
We will have a snack team and a road team that fixes bikes and provides security, safety, and portable bathrooms where needed.
When we get back to Big Lake Township Lion’s Park, we plan to have space for bicyclists to wind down and get snacks.
From 5:00-7:00 P.M. we will have our “End of the Road Celebration.” Invite family, friends and those who donated to your Bike-A-Thon Campaign for complimentary light supper & speakers.
Making a Campaign
We’re a non-profit and donations you make or are given to your campaign, are deductible; not registration. We prefer donations to be given online but if you get a check or cash and they want a deduction that’s your responsibility to write that information down and e-mail to us. firstname.lastname@example.org
We will start and end at Big Lake Township Lion’s Park. Please arrive at 12:15 P.M. to get ready, meet other riders, and be part of our group photo.
The 50 mile route will be joining the 100 mile at the Sunflower Ranch, (16604 CR 11, Big Lake, MN 55309) our halfway point