2020 Bike-A-Thon – Family Route
Registration: $5 Per Person, Max Registration Cost Per Family $20. T-shirts (optional): $10 each.
Campaign minimum: $25 per family
Registration and shirts are not tax deductible.
- Bike helmet that fits well
- Children be able to ride a bicycle some. Bike trailers are welcome
- At least 1 parent must be with all your children; you are responsible for them
- Check tires, steering, and brakes on bike before the event
- Wear appropriate jacket, bike riding clothing, gloves, (suggestions) and shoes (required)
- We suggest a small backpack to bring a bottle of water (provided) unless dad or mom has it
- Waivers will be sent via e-mail or at the event the day of. Need to have one for each family with names of all bicyclists and children with you. Nobody will take part in this part of the event without a signed waiver by parent or guardian.
- We have checked out this route a few times. We recommend families with younger children only go as far as where you cross the road to ride around the lake; to turn around and go back. There’s too many roads to cross in town. We will have this bike trail marked with arrows, to show which way to go, as there are trails veering off. We hope to have a lead bicyclist (8/29/2020-Josiah W. doing route with you) in case there are any problems but it’s not a promise so you should be able to do this route alone.
From 5:00-7:00 P.M. we will have our “End of the Road Celebration.” Invite family, friends and those who donated to your Bike-A-Thon Campaign for complimentary light supper & speakers.
Making a Campaign
Donations are tax deductible but not registration or shirt. (shirts are $10 each) We prefer using online giving as it’s safe, nobody is handling the funds, and it goes into the Running for Justice banking account.
Five mile route starting from Lion’s Park and going around the lake and back to Lion’s Park. Please arrive at 2:30 P.M. If you have children and want to come earlier and play outside on the playground, that’s great but gather at 2:45 with group; get group picture, pic of each bicyclist and bicycle or wagon, etc. (security reasons)
Start Time-3:15 P.M. or as soon as you check-in, get group pic, get you & bike pic taken. Finish Time-4:15-4:45 P.M. (goal)